2) Access to the Services. You must register an account to use the Services. The registration information must be truthful and accurate. Your use of the Services must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including export controls. You agree to securely maintain your password and login information to prevent others from gaining access without your permission. You are responsible for all activities occurring under your account. LEDVANCE is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
You agree not to: (a) transmit or distribute any code intended to harm or change a network, computer, mobile device, the Services, the Products or the software embedded in the Products (Product Software); (b) interfere with, disrupt, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the servers and networks connected to the Services, or violate the policies of those networks; or (c) attempt to access the Services other than through the interface provided by LEDVANCE.
The use and availability of the Services depends on your mobile device and carrier, electrical service, Wi-Fi network, and Internet service provider (“ISP”). You are responsible for all fees charged by your ISP, utility or mobile carrier for your use of the Services, and the compatibility of your equipment. LEDVANCE is not responsible if the Application, Products or Services do not function or are unavailable because of problems with your mobile device, electrical service or internet connectivity.
The Products, Application and Services are not intended for use in critical or security-related applications. We do not guarantee the Services will be available 100% of the time. There will be sporadic interruptions, failures and suspensions for a variety of reasons, including: loss of internet connection; power failure; system failure; or maintenance. We cannot guarantee advance notice of any planned outages. Your access to the Service is subject to these limitations and LEDVANCE is not responsible for any damages caused by failure or delay of the Services. You will not be entitled to any compensation for any temporary suspension of Services.
The Services are based in the U.S.A., for access and control of Products located in the U.S.A. and Canada. Access to the Services may not be available in all locations outside the U.S.A. and Canada and your use in other jurisdictions may be restricted by local law.
You may not, or allow others to: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decrypt the Application, Products or Services; (b) make any modification to or derivative work from the Application, Product Software or Services; (c) violate any policies, laws or regulations governing your use of the Application and Services; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice of LEDVANCE or its licensors; (e) use the Application, Products or Services to create a competitive or similar product or service; or (f) remove, disable, circumvent or workaround any copy protection, rights management or security features of the Application, Products or Services.
These Terms are between you and LEDVANCE and not with any mobile application market, e.g. Google Play or the Apple Inc. App Store (“Mobile App Store”). Your ability to download and use the Application may depend on your compliance with the Mobile App Store’s own terms and conditions. The Mobile App Store is not responsible or liable for your use of the Application or Services.
User Content. You may choose to submit comments, suggestions, or ideas about the Application, Products and Services. LEDVANCE and its Affiliates may use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute the submission for any purpose and in any way without paying any compensation to you. You may post or allow the Application to access other content, such as photos, to use features of the application. By posting this content, you grant LEDVANCE, its Affiliates and service providers a limited license to use the content to provide the Services and support you requested or enabled.
Trademarks. All trademarks, logos, and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Application, Products and Services are the property of OSRAM GmbH SYLVANIAand its licensors and are used with permission by LEDVANCE. You are not permitted to use any of the Marks without the prior written consent of SYLVANIA or its licensors.
Open Source Software. The Application, Product Software and Services incorporate software subject to a license agreement that conforms to the Open Source Initiative’s Open Source Definition (http://www.opensource.org) (Open Source Software). The Open Source Software license agreements, source code, and copyright disclosures can be found at: http://www.osram.com/opensource.
5) Updates. LEDVANCE may develop patches, bug fixes, updates, and upgrades to offer new features or improve the performance of the Application, Products and Services. The latest versions of the Application and Product Software may be required for certain functionality. These may be automatically installed without providing any notice or receiving any additional consent.
6) Security. LEDVANCE cares about your security and the security of your personal information. However, LEDVANCE cannot guarantee that our security will never be compromised or that unauthorized parties will never access your personal information. You provide your personal information at your own risk. You are solely responsible for securing your home network and connected devices that can monitor and control the Products in your property.
7) Energy Savings and Performance. LEDVANCE does not promise any energy savings or other monetary benefit from the use of the Application, Products or Services. Energy savings, if any, will vary based on usage and utility rates.
The Application and Services allows you to control the Product settings. If your choice of settings causes the Products to operate outside of recommended limits you will void the warranty and potentially cause other harm, e.g. overheating. You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from excessive or abnormal use of the Products and Services.
8) Third Party Products and Services. You may choose to interface the Products with devices or services made by others (Third Party Products and Services). LEDVANCE does not control or makeany warranties about Third Party Products and Services. Your use of Third Party Products and Services will be governed by the terms and conditions of the provider of that product or service. LEDVANCE and its affiliates, suppliers and licensors are not responsible for your use of any Third Party Product or Service or any personal injury, death, property damage, or other harm or losses resulting from your use of Third Party Products or Services. If you have questions about Third Party Products and Services you should contact the provider.
9) Limited Warranty. THE APPLICATION AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS” AND "AS AVAILABLE." LEDVANCE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERUPTED, RELIABLE, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE. LEDVANCE AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE APPLICATION AND SERVICES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10) Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LEDVANCE, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, EVEN IF THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR LEDVANCE WAS ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12) Termination. LEDVANCE may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Application and Services without prior notice if it reasonably believes that you failed or intend to fail to comply with any of these provisions, or violate any applicable law, regulation, license or terms of service.
This product uses the Arrayent Connect Cloud and Arrayent Mobile App Engine, Copyright 2007-2014, Arrayent, Inc., http://www.arrayent.com. U.S. Patent No. 8,392,561.
OSRAM is a registered trademark of OSRAM GmbH
LIGHTIFY is a trademark of OSRAM GmbH.
SYLVANIA in the Social Web:
Copyright © 2016, LEDVANCE LLC