This policy is about the collection, use and disclosure of information from users of OSRAM LIGHTIFY™ connected lighting solution in the United States and Canada. The LIGHTIFY solution includes: the mobile application (Application); lamps, luminaires, other lighting devices and Gateway (Products); and associated cloud services (Services). This Policy applies to information that you voluntarily provide when registering your account and Products, and information that may be created, stored and transmitted when you use the Application and Services.
1) What information is collected and how is it used?
User Provided Information. The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application and Products. You will not be able to use the Application, certain features of the Products or Services unless you create an account and register the Products.
When you register, you generally provide: (a) your name, email address, user name, password and Product registration information; (b) your location (city, state or province); (c) information you provide us when you contact us for support; and (d) information you enter into the Application to control the Products.
To enable features of the Application and Services You may also choose to provide more specific location information, or allow the Application and Services to access content on your mobile device, such as pictures or other media files. We do not store any photos or similar content.
Automatically Collected Information. In addition, the Application and Services may collect certain information automatically including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, and device identification information such as:
* Internet Protocol Address (IP Address).
* Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID).
* International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI).
* Media Access Control (MAC) address.
* Bluetooth radio identifier.
* Wi-Fi service set identifier (SSID).
* Gateway SSID.
When you register and connect the Gateway to Services, the Application automatically uploads information regarding the names, locations and types of the Products that you enter, and monitors the use and control settings of the Products. The Product information is encrypted in transmission through the ZigBee protocol and stored securely on the Gateway. The connection between the Gateway and Services is also secure.
2) No Precise Location Information. The Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device (e.g. GPS). However the Application and Services may collect general location information based on information you provide, such as the location of the Products in your home, the general location of your property (city and state), time zone, or through device identification (e.g. IP addresses of your devices, Wi-Fi SSID).
3) Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
* To our corporate affiliates.
* To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to provide the Services or support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
* If OSRAM is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
* To comply with any court order, law or legal process.
* When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
* With the retailer where you purchased the Products to provide customer service.
If you opted-in to receive marketing and promotional e-mails from us, OSRAM, its affiliates and service providers may send marketing e-mail to the address you provided.
4) Opt-out Rights. You can stop collection of information by removing the Gateway from your account and uninstalling the Application. Doing so will disable control features of the Products.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails. OSRAM may still send you e-mails pertaining to the Application, Products and Services, such as a notification about a software update.
5) Data Retention, Managing Your Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Application and changing your settings. We cannot delete your personal information without deleting your user account. We can access your user account and Solution through the Gateway to change information, control Products or provide support at your request. We will retain the information for as long as you use the Application and Products and may store it in aggregate.
5) Children. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. Any parent or guardian who becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time after confirmation.
6) Security. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we collect and process. Although we endeavor to provide reasonable security, however, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
The security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to use the Application and Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
9) Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application or Services, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
SYLVANIA in the Social Web:
Copyright © 2016, LEDVANCE LLC